REX N. LEACH has been a partner at Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez, since 1989. Rex has litigation experience in the areas of medical malpractice defense, defense of governmental entities, broadcast and print media companies, employers in Agricultural Workers Protection Act cases and employers in labor & employment cases. He has also represented clients insured through National Chiropractic Mutual Insurance Company and Church Mutual Insurance Company.
Rex has been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He is a member of the Texas Association of Defense Counsel and the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys.
He graduated from Abilene Christian University, summa cum laude, in 1971, and earned his Juris Doctorate from the Baylor University School of Law in 1977. While at Baylor, Rex was a member of the 1977 National Mock Trial team and reached the nation finals. He was a recipient of the Lewis Powell Award as a member of the team.
Super Lawyers Rex N. Leach
In 2009 – present he was named a Texas Super Lawyer as awarded by Thompson Reuters and published in Super Lawyers/Texas Monthly magazine.
Rex is married to Donna and they have five daughters, eight granddaughters and a grandson. He and his wife are members of the Harvey Drive Church of Christ, where Rex teaches an adult Bible class and often fulfills the role of pulpit minister when the need arises.
- Areas of Practice:
Medical Malpractice Defense
Defense of Governmental Entities
Labor & Employment Litigation
- Litigation Percentage:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Bar Admissions:
U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Baylor University School of Law,
1974 – 1977 J.D.
- Abilene Christian University, 1971
1970 – 1971 B.S., Summa Cum Laude
Honors and Awards:
- Recipient of the Lewis Powell Award
- 2009 – present, named a Texas Super Lawyer as awarded by Thompson Reuters and published in Super Lawyers/Texas Monthly magazine
- “It Is Good to be King” (sovereign immunity) at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Practice Seminar 2012.
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Harvey Drive Church of Christ
- Children of the Promis (a Haitian orphanage)
President of the Board of Directors
- Alpha Chi
- Birth Information:
- January 12, 1950, Houston, Texas, United States of America