The lawyers at Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez, LLP, understand that their clients’ cases often do not end in the trial court. A case’s ultimate success may be decided in an appellate court, and a case’s outcome can be greatly influenced by decisions made by appellate courts throughout the litigation.
Joseph Vale leads our appellate practice and is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Our appellate practice has experience representing clients in civil appeals and mandamus proceedings involving a broad array of legal issues, in both the state and federal systems. We serve clients by helping to identify and preserve errors in the trial court to prepare for a potential appeal and by representing clients’ interests in the appellate courts.
In addition to providing appellate expertise in litigation handled by our trial lawyers, our appellate practice also helps clients’ litigation teams from other law firms. We also handle appeals and mandamus proceedings arising from cases originally tried by counsel outside of our firm.
Our appellate practice includes:
- Providing critical motion and briefing support in the trial court both before and after trial, including post-judgment motions;
- Managing the jury charge and preserving charge error;
- Preserving errors at the trial court level with an eye toward appellate strategy;
- Appellate and mandamus briefing, including emergency proceedings in appellate courts; and
- Arguing cases before state and federal appellate courts.